A New Jersey man was killed after being misdiagnosed after having a lethal allergic bee sting. The wife of the man has now filed a lawsuit against the the doctors at the hospital.
The 40-year-old man was mowing his lawn when he was stung by a bee and suffered an allergic reaction causing him to collapse and fall to the ground and foam from his mouth. After a neighbor found him in the yard, he was transported to the hospital where the neighbor told the doctor that he thought the man was having an allergic reaction from a bee sting.
The doctor could not find a physical mark, so he diagnosed the man with a heat stroke instead of an allergic reaction. About a month after the man was released from the hospital he went to mow his lawn again and was once again stung by a bee.
This time the man did not make it to the hospital, he passed away on the way there. His wife filed the suit claiming that the doctor ruled out the possibility of a bee sting too quickly.
If you are curious about medical malpractice cases, a medical malpractice lawyer’s website has a variety of news article that discuss different cases. Feel free to leave comments on your thoughts of this article.