Two people from Oklahoma City were injured in a propane explosion after a propane stove ignited outside of their mobile home.
The explosion occurred around 3:30 p.m. near the Interstate 35 service road. No one was living in the mobile home at the time of the fire, but the owner of the mobile home and a handyman were there during the explosion.
The man turned on the propane tank to the home right before he attempted to light the propane tank. The man was thrown several feet after the explosion and both were taken to the hospital by ambulance after.
Both victims suffered first and second degree burns. The woman said that someone must have left the propane tank on and they did not notice that gas was escaping from it.